* This is a 1/8 miles heads-up class run on a .400 pro tree with pro ladder. Auto-start and courtesy staging is in effect. MX275 top 16 Qualifiers will run in the "Front Runner" category. Cars that did not qualify in the 16 car field may be eligible for a “Second Chance” race. (All-run format maybe be used at certain events.)
* All NHRA/IHRA and local track safety rules apply for driver and car, including the use of an oil retention device or an engine diaper is mandatory.
* Complete stock chassis and front frame rails must be retained from motor plate/shock tower to behind the rear wheel opening. (For non back-halved cars only.)
* Back-halved cars permitted.
* All aftermarket front suspension components allowed.
* All replacement parts must be in stock location.
* Aftermarket bolt-on replacement front K-members/sub frames are allowed.
* Struts or relocated shocks are permitted.
* All aftermarket bolt-on front ends are legal.
* Mini tubs allowed
* Anti-sway bars allowed.
* Rear leaf springs, springs, shocks, and coil-overs may be moved to accommodate tire clearance, and do not need to be mounted in stock location.
* Stock suspension, ladder bar, and torque arm only.
* Aftermarket 4 links prohibited.
* Absolutely no wheelie bars.
* Factory wheel base must be maintained.
* Factoring appearing (after market parts are allowed) interior is required.
* Factory floor pan on driver and passenger side required from firewall to rear of door jamb.
* Firewall must be in stock location, minor modifications for trans, etc. are fine.
* Head-lights and tail-lights must work.
*Aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber replacement panels will be limited to hoods, front fenders, doors, deck-lids, and bumpers only. All front ends must be factory appearance and cannot be stretched.
* No extenders or stripe takers
* Lexan allowed, must maintain factory appearance.
* Maximum displacement for all engines is 640 c.i.
* Small blocks are allowed any deck height, but must remain stock bore spacing.
* GM Big Blocks are limited to 10.2 deck height.
* Ford Big Blocks are limited to 10.3 deck height.
* Mopar Big Blocks are limited to 10.7 deck height.
*Billet blocks are prohibited for both SB and BB combinations
* Any transmission permitted.
* Single turbocharger limited to 88mm maximum. (GT55-88, Pro-Mod 88, ET-R88, Comp, Bullseye or = mid frame turbo.)
* Twin turbochargers limited to 72mm maximum.
* Turbo size will be verified by measuring the housing bore at the leading edge of the impeller wheel and must maintain the contour of the compressor housing.
* Inducer dimensions will not exceed 3.462 inches and exducer dimensions will not exceed 4.765 inches on mid frame turbos. Inducer dimensions will not exceed 3.462 inches and exducer dimensions will not exceed 5.56 inches on Large Frame turbos.
* The maximum diameter of the housing bore at the leading edge of the wheel may not exceed 2mm more than the maximum allowable.
* Inserts or reducers to achieve inlet or outlet dimensions are prohibited.
* Any type of air to air or water to air intercooler is permitted.
* Turbochargers with nitrous oxide is permitted only on 2-rotor, 4 cylinder, and inline 6 cylinder engines.
* Cog or gear driven superchargers are permitted, must meet all factory inlet, outlet, and internal housing dimensions.
* Inserts or reducers to achieve inlet or outlet dimensions are permitted.
* Any type intercooler is permitted.
* F-1R or equivalent allowed
* F-2 or equivalent allowed
* F-2R is not legal.
* Big Block with single F1R or F1X/F2 supercharger must have a 3.875 reducer.
* Cannot combine the supercharger with nitrous.
* Roots supercharger limited to 10-71.
* Centrifugal superchargers are permitted.
* Screw Superchargers (PSI C or D Rotor, and Whipple A980 or R980,etc.) are prohibited.
* No Methanol cooling on blower or turbo combos running E85 or alcohol.
Nitrous (General Rules):
* Multiple bottles must wye together.
* Push nitrous systems are prohibited.
Small Block Nitrous:
* Permitted to run any multi-stage nitrous system.
Big Block Nitrous:
* Multiple Nitrous kits, must use #4 Nitrous line maximum, minimum 12 inches long attached single side of Y or at single bottle.
* Electronic Fuel Injection allowed only 8 nitrous feed lines on engine.
* Two Stage Plate allowed.
* Mufflers or inserts are required on all cars except for turbo cars.
* Exhaust may exit underneath car or out the front fenders, but must not affect timing or staging beams.
* Gasoline, Alcohol or E-85 is allowed.
* Alcohol must adhere to a 50 lbs. weight penalty.
* All cars with power adder must compete on a Drag Radial type tire with the following sidewall designation 275/60/15.
* Naturally aspirated cars are permitted to run a 28.0" x 10.5" slick, no "W" tires permitted.
Minimum Base Weights (All minimum weights include the driver)
* Small Blocks (NOS and N/A) with single 4150 carb/throttle body: deduct 50 lbs.
* Small Block (NOS) with any plate nitrous system: deduct 50 lbs. (deduct does not apply if used in conjunction with fogger)
*Small Blocks (NOS and N/A) with 23 degree Chevy heads, 20 degree Ford heads, and 18 degree Mopar heads: deduct 100 lbs. RR-75 lbs.
* Small Blocks (NOS only) 18-10 degree valve angle inline head: deduct 50 lbs.
* Small Blocks (NOS only) cast t-ram/sheet metal/2 carbs or 2 throttle bodies: add 50 lbs.
* Throttle Bodies exceeding 4500 series on Big Block combinations: add 50 lbs.
* Non-Intercooled boosted cars on gasoline: deduct 100 lbs.
* Belt driven centrifugal and roots style superchargers: deduct 100 lbs.
* Deduct 250 lbs. Front Wheel Drive
* Deduct 25 lbs. Leaf Springs
* Deduct 300 lbs. for Inline 6 Cylinder Turbocharged/Supercharged/Nitrous Combos
* Deduct 150 lbs. for V-6 Turbocharged/Supercharged/Nitrous Combos
* Deduct 800 lbs. for 4 Cylinder Turbocharged/Supercharged/ Nitrous Combos
* Naturally Aspirated...2300 lbs.
* Nitrous... 2600 lbs.
* Single YSI/F1A/6-71 Supercharger...2700 lbs. (M1 permitted-no weight addition)
* Single F1C-94/8-71 Supercharger...2800 lbs. (add 50 lbs for F1C-10.5) (M1 permitted-no weight addition)
* Single F1R/Cast Xi/10-71 Supercharger...2900 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for mod motor - 8.2/8.7 deck and/or cast inline SVA) (M1 permitted-no weight addition)
* Single Billet Xi Supercharger (mod motor-cast inline SVA)...3050 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single Billet Xi Supercharger (inline cast head)...3150 lbs (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single Billet Xi Supercharger (non-inline head)...3250 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger (mod motor, cast inline SVA including 15*LS)...3200 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger (inline head - C3/SB2)...3250 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck - no deck ht. deduct for C3)
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger (Mopar Hemi)...3300 lbs.
* Single 76mm T6 Turbocharger (mid frame GT47 based)...2700 lbs. (M1 permitted-no weight addition)
* Single 80mm T6 Turbocharger (mid frame GT47 based)...2750 lbs. (M1 Permitted-no weight addition) (add 150 lbs. for billet wheel Garrett/Forced Inductions GTX55-80 with max 130 mm Compressor Exducer)
* Single 83mm T6 Turbocharger (mid frame GT47 based)...2800 lbs.
* Single 85mm T6 Turbocharger (Large Frame 85/ GTX55-85 w 117mm Compressor Exducer)...3100 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck/mod motor)(deduct 50 lbs. for cast inline SVA head)
* Single 85mm T6 Turbocharger (Pro Mod 85)...3250 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck/mod motor) (deduct 50 lbs. for cast inline SVA head)
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Y2K or GT47-88)...2900 lbs.
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Large Frame 88/GTX55-88 w 117mm compressor exducer)... 3250 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck/mod motor) (deduct 50 lbs. for cast inline SVA head)
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Pro Mod 88)... 3350 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck/mod motor) (deduct 50 lbs. for cast inline SVA head)
* Twin 67mm Turbochargers...3200 lbs.
* Twin 72mm Turbochargers...3250 lbs.
* Naturally Aspirated...2600 lbs.
* Nitrous Big Block w/single stage diffuser or cross bar type single stage plate 9.8 deck height & conventional heads... 3000 lbs. (add 50 lbs. for GM 9.801 and up deck height)
* Nitrous Big Block w/nozzle type plate 9.8 deck height & conventional heads... 3050 lbs. (add 50 lbs. for GM 9.801 and up deck height)
* Nitrouse Big Block w/single stage fogger single bottle w -8 feed and -6 lines after the wye or single -6 feed with -4 lines after wye with cold nitrous 9.8 deck height & conventional heads 3200 lbs. (add 50 lbs. for GM 9.801 and up deck height)
* Nitrous Big Block (any deck height/multiple kits)...3300 lbs.
* Single F1R/Xi/10-71 Supercharger...3350 lbs.
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger...3400 lbs.
* Max 88mm Single Turbocharger...3400 lbs.
* Max 72mm Twin Turbochargers...3400 lbs.
* Nitrous Combos will not exceed 640 c.i. and must be 3000 lbs.
I reserve the right to change to or modify the rules as necessary with no less than 3 weeks notification.
If you have any questions or you need to call for clarification, if your combo is not listed, you can contact me at 870-688-6686.
Jordan Grunwald-Founder of the Midwest Xtreme 275