Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me
Tech
  • Page:

TOPIC: Helmet rule

Helmet rule 2 years, 5 months ago #979

First off, not trying to raise a stink here. safety is always a good thing. and this is more for the test n tune daily drivers and the midnighters.

but saturday when i went to tech in i was told i now needed a helmet cause my car had a sunroof. In the past i was told "nope, just convertibles and sub 13.99". this isn't a big deal to me cause i have a diamond back for the other car, but i didn't bring it cause lets be honest 15.9's isn't exactly spectacular. i happened to luck out and no one had snagged the orange helmet in the control room though.

but you may want to update the rules page to reflect that sunroof cars are now helmets mandatory so people don't show up and aren't allowed to race and they can plan ahead.

i do have a question though. is this a TRP rule, or an NHRA rule? i'm not sure about you guys. but in my opinion, if i'm now being told to wear a helmet for having a sunroof, i would imagine they made that rule incase the sunroof breaks. and if the glass breaks that means i'm on my roof or got hit by another car. and if i'm on my roof or get hit by another car i would like to have a roll bar/cage, a non factory seat, and a 4 or 5 point harness. and i for one, nor expect anyone else, to put any of that in a car that traps slower than most people cruise at down 75 or 169.

again. not trying to fuss here, i have a helmet, and i do enjoy safety. but there are those people out there that just want to take their stock car down the track that happens to have a sunroof.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds