Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Which transmissions do you like best?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tech
  • Page:

TOPIC: Which transmissions do you like best?

Which transmissions do you like best? 2 years, 6 months ago #471

A powerglide or a turbo 400?

Re: Which transmissions do you like best? 2 years, 6 months ago #472

I think you will get answers based on the type of racing the people answering do. Bracket racing in a light car, powerglide. Bracket racing in a heavy car with good power, powerglide. Bracket racing a heavy slow car, maybe 400. If you have a heavy car and you are heads up racing then probably the 400. Street / strip car 400. I have seen people chase consistency problems coming from the 400's to low first gear causing a small amount of spin on the leave. That might me better though on a shootout car to get out of the hole though.

If none of that works, Liberty / G-force and hang on.

JMO

Curtis

Re: Which transmissions do you like best? 2 years, 6 months ago #473

Both just depend how much power you have.

Re: Which transmissions do you like best? 2 years, 6 months ago #483

stick shift,,, that is all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald Sprague

Re: Which transmissions do you like best? 2 years, 6 months ago #494

fourspdtom wrote:
stick shift,,, that is all

Hell yeah!

DC

Re: Which transmissions do you like best? 2 years, 6 months ago #497

Like other's have said, it depend's on the intended use. Both are good unit's. I've built hundreds of both. For an all out racing trans, a P/G is the better choice 99% of the time. For the most part, it's not even close. There are exception's if you have the coin's tho. Like the Rossler superlite 400 and a few other's. Best suited for a Comp car or a head's up car, or even a Stocker. But for what they cost, (close to twice as much as a killer P/G). I'd much rather have a liberty or lenco setup. For a street/strip car, a 400 with a basic shift kit is hard to beat. The biggest problem with the 400 is the intermediate sprag. Most of those failure's aren't because of weak part's tho, they are because most folk's don't know the proper way to do a burnout with a 400 and they roll the sprag in the water-box.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds