Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me
Tech
  • Page:

TOPIC: TCI Line Lock

TCI Line Lock 8 months, 2 weeks ago #3733

I have a TCI Line Lock with a Hurst control button on the shifter. Supposedly the Line Lock is only 1 year old. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't for some reason. One person had a theory that the narrow front tires I have are sliding forward on the track, because there is not enough rubber in contact with the track to make it hold. I think it does not have enough holding pressure to lock the brakes completely. I think I should be able to lock up the front brakes, and set and burn the slicks all day long if I wanted to, and it should hold. Does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Re: TCI Line Lock 8 months, 2 weeks ago #3734

When there is a question about electrical items on any car I work on, the first place to check is the ground. Make sure you have a good ground for the solenoid. Second is how you are using the line loc. It has a check valve in it, so when you push the button you can pump the pedal without letting off of the button to build more pressure. I have seen more times than not that there isn't enough pressure and the wheels turn. I would have someone watch and see if they are turning or not. JMO

Curtis
The following user(s) said Thank You: kirk

Re: TCI Line Lock 8 months, 2 weeks ago #3735

curtis reed wrote:
When there is a question about electrical items on any car I work on, the first place to check is the ground. Make sure you have a good ground for the solenoid. Second is how you are using the line loc. It has a check valve in it, so when you push the button you can pump the pedal without letting off of the button to build more pressure. I have seen more times than not that there isn't enough pressure and the wheels turn. I would have someone watch and see if they are turning or not. JMO
Thanks for the info Curtis. I have checked the ground, and Im 99% sure its grounded good. I do like the answer about pumping the pedal to create more pressure. I will try that.
Curtis
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds