Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

NHRA license and chassis certification
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Questions
  • Page:

TOPIC: NHRA license and chassis certification

NHRA license and chassis certification 1 year, 2 months ago #3264

My name is Wayne Griffin I am an automotive instructor at Jacksonville High School. My students and I have been running a 1986 s-10 for the last two years we converted to a 5.3ls engine last year that we ported and polished the heads in class changed camshaft and installed a 125 shot of nitrous. we took it to Memphis over Thanksgiving and the dang thing went 9.94 @ 139mph. At this point I was informed I had to get my license and truck certified. We have since built a 422 LS and upped the nitrous to race at the LSX shootout in Bowling Green this Sept. How do I get all this done and what type of suit and helmet do I have to wear. The rules are confusing just looking for a little help. motor made 1058 on dyno so it will be a little faster only made 435 before.
Any helped would be great
Thanks
Wayne Griffin JHS Automotive Technology
LS motors rule

Re: NHRA license and chassis certification 1 year, 2 months ago #3268

Where do you live? What track do you race at? The reason for the questions is you need to get the NHRA chassis tech inspector to cert the chassis.,and the track will help you get your DL. It has to be done in this order. 2008 on the helmet rule.
Tulsa Raceway Park

Re: NHRA license and chassis certification 7 months ago #3667

Do I need my chassis certified if I am just showing up for Test & Tune

I will be running in the 9's.

Also do I need a NHRA license just to run Test & Tune?

Re: NHRA license and chassis certification 7 months ago #3669

Yes if you run 9.99 or quicker you will need to meet all nhra rules. Certs, license and ect.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds