Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action

Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action 2 years, 7 months ago #807

BangShift has learned that Toyota will be joining NHRA Pro Stock in 2013 by entering a version of the upcoming 2013 Toyota Solara as their chosen body style. The designs you see below have been approved by the NHRA tech department and we believe that the rendering, which BangShift received from an unnamed source very close to the project is an accurate picture of what the car will look like.

BangShift has also learned that General Motors is furious with this decision, especially with respect to the engine which will be used in the car. Sources indicate that the engine is a near carbon copy of the DRCE engine that GM Pro Stock teams use, and the latest in the DRCE series which has been the dominant engine in the class for many years. “This is incredible,” said one GM insider. “If you look at the Toyota NASCAR engine for more than 12 seconds you can tell it is almost completely based off our engine and here they go again. The only thing that would have made this worse was if we were told that Toyota got to run overhead cams and fuel injection like the Harleys in Pro Stock Motorcycle.”

Toyota officials were unreachable and we are awaiting their response to this story. Rumors have abounded for years that the company was considering a move to enter Pro Stock but there was never any concrete plan or evidence. That situation has changed, apparently. We reached out to several racers, all who declined to be interviewed on the record, but one longtime GM racer said only, “Really? I know one thing. It will be faster than the Fords.” He then hung up.

We do not know who the driver of the car will be or what teams have expressed interest in running the new combo for Toyota. We also have no idea how the majority of NHRA drag racing fans will react to this news. As more information becomes available we will bring it to you, but keep your eyes peeled for more updates on what has to be the biggest news to hit Pro Stock in 20 years.

(CREDIT: ID Motorsports Design rendering)

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action 2 years, 7 months ago #808

Did they just post this yesterday?

Re: Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action 2 years, 7 months ago #809

yes they did

Re: Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action 2 years, 7 months ago #810

NHRA sold us out again. I hope it was not cheap. Makes me glad I dropped my membership years ago.

Re: Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action 2 years, 7 months ago #812

you think may it's an april fools joke? that is where my money is.

Re: Toyota in on the 2013 prostock action 2 years, 7 months ago #814

Derek Apple wrote:
you think may it's an april fools joke? that is where my money is.

X2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds