Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Gettin' the Ol' Mid-Nighters to blow the dust off
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gettin' the Ol' Mid-Nighters to blow the dust off

Re: Gettin' the Ol' Mid-Nighters to blow the dust 2 years, 5 months ago #828

How do you get them to take their racing from the street to the track if the first time they show-up at the track tect says "No Go". ???

I'm all about my safety , but it is "Grudge Racing" if I don't feel safe racing someone I don't have to line up next to them. That is what makes getting these racers to the track rather than them doing it on a public street where you don't have that choice.

Let'em race , At least till you have a legit reason not to.
IRONHEAD'ed 355
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis, Grant Frye

Re: Gettin' the Ol' Mid-Nighters to blow the dust off 2 years, 4 months ago #872

robin phelps wrote:
Robert Dick wrote:
Lax tech rules.

you are kidding RIGHT. why would you want to go down the track with a car that is not safe? you might want to hurt yourself but what about the person in the other lane???

it is really not that hard to pass tech.

Not kidding at all. Nothing I drove at almost every midnight from 94-99 would pass current tech and I survived. The theory behind midnight grudge racing is to get people off the streets, because racing any kind of car in any kind of condition is a heck of a lot safer on a track then on a public road.

But heck, I don't worry about being struck by lightening or being killed by a tornado, so maybe that makes me a fool. Roughly 450 people die in the US every year due to falling from their bed, but I haven't put a seat belt on mine yet. I also know I'm way more likely to meet an early demise because of too many cheese burgers then over racing some kid in a 10 second jalopy. I'd also expect anyone racing to understand they are taking a risk and weigh that accordingly, and if they don't understand racing is a risk they should be culled from the gene pool anyway.

Re: Gettin' the Ol' Mid-Nighters to blow the dust off 2 years, 4 months ago #881

This weekend its on!!!!!

Re: Gettin' the Ol' Mid-Nighters to blow the dust off 2 years, 4 months ago #925

lessee,, to get my ole tub out again,

probobly couldnt pass tech,, needs ladder bar safety loops, new belts [mine are 10 yr old and never made a pass or seen sunlight, lol], new helmet, probobly a couple more bars in the rollcage [only an 8 point, no roof hoop], finish firewalling the rear [hatchback], probably a few more minor things,,, nothing undoable except for funds

needs new batteries, finally bought new front discs but not installed, all new fuel system from the back bumper to the carbs [its all there but not installed], needs tubes for front tires, probably needs new rear tires, valve springs, etc etc etc. again, funds

and i finally filed divorce papers a few weeks ago, that and three kids and one grandson at home to take care of,, theres all my funds, lol
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds