Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Still no badboy pass, now no payout??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Still no badboy pass, now no payout??

Still no badboy pass, now no payout?? 1 year, 7 months ago #1874

Lot of people been asking to bring the badboy pass back, to no avail. Now you guys aren't paying out for fastest car, truck, and bike at the midnights?? The "Legendary Midnights" has turned into Legendary dissapointment in my opinion. When are you going to start doing something for the racers besides taking our money at the gates?? Looks to me like the shootouts aren't working very well. Other than the 10.5 class, there wasn't much to field any other classes to be worth paying the entry fee to run in it.

Re: Still no badboy pass, now no payout?? 1 year, 7 months ago #1875

What are they going to do for the racers ?? Really ?? How bout the fact they give you a track to race at ... Funny how easy people forget this time last year we were begging to not turn our track into a gravel pit . Now a year latter people are complaining over $100 they may or may not get. Wow
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: Still no badboy pass, now no payout?? 1 year, 7 months ago #1876

Jon McLain wrote:
What are they going to do for the racers ?? Really ?? How bout the fact they give you a track to race at ... Funny how easy people forget this time last year we were begging to not turn our track into a gravel pit . Now a year latter people are complaining over $100 they may or may not get. Wow

Maybe you forget that if it wasn't for racers they wouldn't need the track? I do appreciate the fact that they helped save it. Take a different look at it, instead of accusing me of just complaining. They need racers to come to race and spectators to watch to stay in business, correct? I'll assume you answered "Yes." Everyone knows that the economy sucks and it's tough for everyone to do extra things. And racing is expensive, we all know this. How long was the bad boy pass around before this year? I don't know the answer, but here is my outlook on it. Take myself for example. When I come to the track (which is VERY regularly) I usually have at least 1-2 people with me. That's $20 for my entry and another 10-20 for my spectators. If I had a bad boy pass the track would be missing out on $20 of my money for entry. I know there are several racers that won't come to the midnights because there's nothing in it for them. If they had a bad boy pass and then came, and the average racer with a bad boy pass brings 2 people, that's $20 entry for 2 specators that would not have been there otherwise. THAT is called bringing in business. So am I complaining for suggesting a way to bring in more business for the track, to help keep it profitable? As far as the fastest car, etc payout goes, why did they end that? Because again, that's the only incentive that anyone with a fast vehicle has to come to the midnights. It costs money to go fast. I'm pretty certain that the fans would rather watch a few more actual race cars at the midnights and not just the hondas and trucks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny Gilliam

Re: Still no badboy pass, now no payout?? 1 year, 7 months ago #1877

Bad Boy passes were great, but it didn't make those 9 sec. And faster vehicles show up on a regular basis. Thats what the purpass of the pass was . Same as the "Fast money" but when the fast money start going to slower vehicles that don't draw spectators or to a vehicle that showed , made its two passes and had no competition is that money well spent ?

I've gone the the Mid Nites for more than 20 years and the true thrill of the Mid-Nites just isn't there like it was and it's not TRP's fault. Before Woot and during the Woot era . People talked about the "grudge races" that happened last Saturday night. They could watch the "smack talk" on the forum all week to entice them to want to show. Think the smack talk scares people away ? Then why they interveiw boxers , mma fighters , or even a big part in what makes pro wrestling so popular.

Use to you could go into the packed stands and ask anyone who Pollard was and they say "the black coupe".

You want the Mid-Nites back . Bring back the "Glamour" and the feel of the "late night back alley street race" . Hollywood has glorified it and people want more. Heck Discovery channel is even makin' money off it.

The fans don't come to see who has a "bad boy pass" and most are gone before you get your "fast money"
You want to fix something figure out how to get more than 2 people in the stands.
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: Still no badboy pass, now no payout?? 1 year, 7 months ago #1878

I agree with you for the most part. I know that those with bad boy passes wouldn't come every week, but it would definitely get a few more people in there. That is my point though. People don't want to watch the same slow cars every week. So something has to be done to get more cars in. How else to do it but to give them an incentive? And I think to get the fastest pass money the vehicle should be tagged and street legal. It definitely isn't fair for an all out race car to make 2 passes, get the money and go home. I am all about getting more people in there. Not trying to complain, but I don't see a lot of effort on the part of the management. Just my thoughts

Re: Still no badboy pass, now no payout?? 1 year, 7 months ago #1884

To say no responce from TRP is just too funny. We have spent more on Radio for the Midnights then ever in the past. The Bad Boy passes only effect a hand full of racers. I would rather get a list of racers and pay them to come in and kick butt then give away bad boy passes. I love bikes but is is nothing to get a stock 1000CC or bigger bike to go in the 9's. Tulsa is just not a bike place. I would love it to be one. I just got back form Menphis and they have over average 800 spectarors and 100 bikes every other Thursday at their track. All just grudge racing and making thier own purse to run for.

We will be changing up the Midnights for 2013, adding some value and crazyness.

If you want to get your bike or car clubs involved for Midnight events let us know we would be happy to listen to any positive ideas.
Tulsa Raceway Park
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds