Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Lets open the midnight discussions.....again
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #167

I see it as , if your looking for rules and stipulations on being the fastest at the midnight your prob not even close to being in the running . The days of , drive it in , street tire , blah blah blah are long gone due to the fact there are guys running drag radial cars they can drive on the street in the 6 second range . show up have fun and come back next weekend . If your looking for rules stipulations etc you need to be class racing not grudge racing at the midnights .

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #175

• Caleb
Eric wrote:
I see it as , if your looking for rules and stipulations on being the fastest at the midnight your prob not even close to being in the running . The days of , drive it in , street tire , blah blah blah are long gone due to the fact there are guys running drag radial cars they can drive on the street in the 6 second range . show up have fun and come back next weekend . If your looking for rules stipulations etc you need to be class racing not grudge racing at the midnights .

Well........just lookin to make it fun and competitive. If people have a challange or something to motivate them to get to the track...it might bring some people out. If we want the same old boring showings then dont change a thing.

Just trying to liven it up.......I miss the "legendary midnights".

Where do the low ten/high nine second "street" cars play ??? Heads up ?? not everyone can run 5.25 on 50 jet...lol....

Thanks........

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #177

• Caleb
Just to be clear.......this is not about me.....its about making the midnights fun again....stirring up interest.

Thanks.....

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #179

Too bad there couldn't be some deal to draw in cars that can do more then one thing. Yeah, we don't have a road course but it'd be nice to see who could pass through the 1/4 mile the fastest while tripping the clocks at 10mph or less, but of course the NHRA probably wouldn't like the idea of people using heavy braking on the track.

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #180

Let them do 40 rolls on track. whoooooooooo now thats edge of your seat racin!!!!

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #182

• Caleb
Mark Whitte wrote:
correct me if i'm wrong. but the midnights were created centered around the idea of the run what ya brung baddest of the street cars yes?

so, why not just make the cars competing for a badboy pass or king of the track, whatever its going to be called. only run street equipment?? i know now a days running a "dot" tire isn't going to limit anyone. perhaps cars must have mufflers, all glass, stock fire wall, TAG AND INSURANCE

just brainstorming here...

Yes...this ^^^^^ idea is great but governing the rules becomes a real challenge. I just want it to be fun....with fast "street" cars......hell, I probably won't be in the hunt but the atmosphere will be great...hopefully.

A "fast" ladder will create drama, competition, bi*ching and moaning, great rivalries, sand bagging etc.....and hopefully bring more cars and spectators out to see "it" go down.

What happened to the "real name" requirement????????? Mr. LS Oholic???

I was unaware of the rule.......I read you had to "register" with your real name....but did not realize there was a "requirement" for your screen name to be your real name...???...??? Where does it state this...on this board ??

Thanks.......
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds