Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Lets open the midnight discussions.....again
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 4 months ago #692

wish there was alil more breakdown besides small tire big tire us 12sec guys wanna get in on some of the fun loosing 1st round is not fun its leads to me getting drunk prematurly
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 3 months ago #774

Is grudge racing at the midnights going to get people in the stands? I don't believe so. Sure, it may be fun for the racers, but most of the fans want to see how fast the cars are actually running. Better get an announcer to make it REALLY interesting for the fans or you won't need to worry about cleaning afterwards.....

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 3 months ago #779

So people want to see times , but the most popular drag racing series in the last decade that people watch are ran with no clocks. And if Rich was more likable it would still be going.

Go to U tube and put in drag racing . See if you get the most views on timed runs or no times (like street racing or outlaw races at a track )

The Mid-Nights was started to bring the street racing to a safe place .

They run TnT on Friday night , you can make all the timed passes (with slips) you want , but for some reason the stands tend not to be packed . Makes it hard to see your argument.
IRONHEAD'ed 355
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 3 months ago #780

not sure if this has been posted yet..im not going to read threw 10 pages of crap to see..but what about the racers that dont want time shown write N/T on the window..this saying o well no one will race you cause they know u are fast is BS..first time a car makes a pass everyone and the dog knows what it ran..99% of the cars are 12 sec or slower..i see no reason not to have the normal; grudge match stuff..then turn clocks on for last few hours.. put NT on window ..that would make everyone happy on both sides

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 3 months ago #782

Jon McLain wrote:
So people want to see times , but the most popular drag racing series in the last decade that people watch are ran with no clocks. And if Rich was more likable it would still be going.

Go to U tube and put in drag racing . See if you get the most views on timed runs or no times (like street racing or outlaw races at a track )

The Mid-Nights was started to bring the street racing to a safe place .

They run TnT on Friday night , you can make all the timed passes (with slips) you want , but for some reason the stands tend not to be packed . Makes it hard to see your argument.

Kind of hard to say Pinks was the most popular drag racing show, when it was pretty much the only one on tv......
People (myself included) watched it because of the risk/reward the racers took and they saw all of the betting and bargaining taking place. Are they going to see any of that at the midnights? Probably not. I run at TNT and the Midnights ANY time I can. I have a very erratic schedule. Sometimes I get to go to both, one or the other, or neither. I personally want to see my time EVERY time I make a pass. I agree with johndickjr, if you don't want your time shown, put it on your car.

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 3 months ago #783

Did you ever go to the old Mid-Nights? Cause there was all that
IRONHEAD'ed 355
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds