Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Lets open the midnight discussions.....again
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #197

Jon McLain wrote:
They're already doing the BIGGEST part. They're turning the clocks off.

When the clocks are off people don't know if someone is faster than them until they pull up beside them. And they won't know if they're fast until they beat "Somebody"
This is the thrill of the race ( Kids have done it on Memorial every weekend)

When the clocks were on people spent more time racing the "Clock" than each other And as a Kid if you been tellin' all you got a 12sec. ride and you go to TRP for the Midnights and the scoreboard lets everyone know you really run 14's .

You think they'll be back ???

Dont mean to change the subject, but couldnt resist a quik comment about the "kids on Memorial". Its a shame they will never know what a real street racer is/was. If they had to pull up next to some of the machines that used to cruise the streets back in the late 60's and into the 70"s, they wouldn't be quite so cocky with their little buzz bombs.

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #199

Kevin Clocker wrote:
Cool, no clocks. Everyone load up the sandbags.

Hey that means you right?

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #203

Jon McLain wrote:
They're already doing the BIGGEST part. They're turning the clocks off.

When the clocks are off people don't know if someone is faster than them until they pull up beside them. And they won't know if they're fast until they beat "Somebody"
This is the thrill of the race ( Kids have done it on Memorial every weekend)

When the clocks were on people spent more time racing the "Clock" than each other And as a Kid if you been tellin' all you got a 12sec. ride and you go to TRP for the Midnights and the scoreboard lets everyone know you really run 14's .

You think they'll be back ???

and boom goes the dynamite.

i think the mystery of what people actually run plays a huge part in the midnights. if people want to go practice or make sure you don't line up against a sure loss, go to test n tune. if you want to walk the pits with your friends, talk some smack, and then really go find out who's faster without knowing what each ran for sure or what they have done. go to the midnights.

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #206

Personally I think the clocks should be off. Even at the Legandary Shootouts. You go anywhere in Texas they have a shootout. They usually have 200 cars show, but only maybe10 in the shootout. All the others waiting on the clocks to go out after the shootout.

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #209

well anyone who thinks that thinks street racing goes on down memorial prob still has an 8 track in their car . You might catch some ricers speeding next to each other before they go sit in a burger joint parking lots "talking" about how fast and cool they are .but I cant remember anyone in the last 5+ years saying hey lets go to memorial and race . Street racing is as alive as it has ever been in the midwest and it boils down to the LACK of ability of being able to go to the local race tracks due to SFI and NHRA trying to nickel and dime racers to death over the last 10 years with tech . Im all about and help enforce safety rules BUT also would rather have someone in a 10 sec cobra that exceeds any dot safety regulations for highway driving with airbags at the race track than running 150 down in "mexico" .

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 5 months ago #210

• Caleb
Yep....clocks off help the atmosphere for sure.

Eric....yep........but I dont think the "memorial" referance was literal.......and thats why I'm interested in a fast "street" car list at the midnights......keep it off the street...kind of.

Thanks....
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds