Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Lets open the midnight discussions.....again
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 9 months ago #183

Bad Boy pass was fun, and there weren't many of them handed out that I can remember from the past few years.

Lets bring it back! Street driven you can take that much more pride if you want to, bu as FLYIN said, not hard to do anymore on DOT DRs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon McLain

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 9 months ago #184

YyLSOHOLIC wrote:
Eric wrote:
I see it as , if your looking for rules and stipulations on being the fastest at the midnight your prob not even close to being in the running . The days of , drive it in , street tire , blah blah blah are long gone due to the fact there are guys running drag radial cars they can drive on the street in the 6 second range . show up have fun and come back next weekend . If your looking for rules stipulations etc you need to be class racing not grudge racing at the midnights .

Well........just lookin to make it fun and competitive. If people have a challange or something to motivate them to get to the track...it might bring some people out. If we want the same old boring showings then dont change a thing.

Just trying to liven it up.......I miss the "legendary midnights".

Where do the low ten/high nine second "street" cars play ??? Heads up ?? not everyone can run 5.25 on 50 jet...lol....

Thanks........

Ok you want a challenge , line up against one. You pick your races . So if your race ain't a challenge , stop being a pantie waist and "call out" some competition...
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 9 months ago #185

And as far as the "Legendary Midnights" go.. It was always Run what ya brung and Hope you brought enough !!!!
This always made the show , and the line to get in was always a mile long..
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 9 months ago #186

• Caleb
Jon McLain wrote:
YyLSOHOLIC wrote:
Eric wrote:
I see it as , if your looking for rules and stipulations on being the fastest at the midnight your prob not even close to being in the running . The days of , drive it in , street tire , blah blah blah are long gone due to the fact there are guys running drag radial cars they can drive on the street in the 6 second range . show up have fun and come back next weekend . If your looking for rules stipulations etc you need to be class racing not grudge racing at the midnights .

Well........just lookin to make it fun and competitive. If people have a challange or something to motivate them to get to the track...it might bring some people out. If we want the same old boring showings then dont change a thing.

Just trying to liven it up.......I miss the "legendary midnights".

Where do the low ten/high nine second "street" cars play ??? Heads up ?? not everyone can run 5.25 on 50 jet...lol....

Thanks........

Ok you want a challenge , line up against one. You pick your races . So if your race ain't a challenge , stop being a pantie waist and "call out" some competition...

Haha...I hear ya....again...its not about my slow ass ride....I want more fast cars to show up....true grudge race atmosphere, its been missing lately. Instead of dogging me...how about some suggestions ?? Be constructive towards the idea or tell me why it won't work.

On a different note....how often is the "midnight shootout" going to take place ?? Monthly ?? Bi-monthly ??

Thanks......

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 9 months ago #190

They're already doing the BIGGEST part. They're turning the clocks off.

When the clocks are off people don't know if someone is faster than them until they pull up beside them. And they won't know if they're fast until they beat "Somebody"
This is the thrill of the race ( Kids have done it on Memorial every weekend)

When the clocks were on people spent more time racing the "Clock" than each other And as a Kid if you been tellin' all you got a 12sec. ride and you go to TRP for the Midnights and the scoreboard lets everyone know you really run 14's .

You think they'll be back ???
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: Lets open the midnight discussions.....again 2 years, 9 months ago #194

Cool, no clocks. Everyone load up the sandbags.
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds