Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RED LIGHT

Re: RED LIGHT 1 year, 10 months ago #1243

Patrick Melson wrote:
Jon McLain wrote:
I like the "instant green" idea. Like startin' of a flashlight . Midnights were never meet to be for a test n tune or for the bracket racers . It is to bring the racing off the streets to the track.

No book with rules cause the rules wouldn't fill one page.

Rule 1 : You pull to the line , you better be ready to race.
Rule 2 : If you chase , its a race. It's your word against their and no one wants to hear either.
Rule 3 : First across the line wins.

Theirs your rules .

question rule 2: then y even have a tree if the green or red dosent mean shit?

Once again i understand y you can argue on this subject you have prob never been in a position to win fastest car of the night hell it would take TODD'S car pulling yours just to get close!

Hell I've won more than hundred bucks at the Midnights. Even been still makin rounds at last years Throwdown when you was pullin your trailor out the gate.

Anytime you ready to run a hunk a shit from Dawson let me know . Do it at the track or on the street. Just remember we ain't drivin' no ricer.
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: RED LIGHT 1 year, 10 months ago #1244

Jon McLain wrote:
Patrick Melson wrote:
Jon McLain wrote:
I like the "instant green" idea. Like startin' of a flashlight . Midnights were never meet to be for a test n tune or for the bracket racers . It is to bring the racing off the streets to the track.

No book with rules cause the rules wouldn't fill one page.

Rule 1 : You pull to the line , you better be ready to race.
Rule 2 : If you chase , its a race. It's your word against their and no one wants to hear either.
Rule 3 : First across the line wins.

Theirs your rules .

question rule 2: then y even have a tree if the green or red dosent mean shit?

Once again i understand y you can argue on this subject you have prob never been in a position to win fastest car of the night hell it would take TODD'S car pulling yours just to get close!

Hell I've won more than hundred bucks at the Midnights. Even been still makin rounds at last years Throwdown when you was pullin your trailor out the gate.

Anytime you ready to run a hunk a shit from Dawson let me know . Do it at the track or on the street. Just remember we ain't drivin' no ricer.

lol now i understand you! You cant remember shit when i was leaving throwdown nobody was making a pass they called it till the next day! And yeah you may not be a ricer but what your car runs a 13 in the 1/4 you might as well be driving a yugo. Also i belive i would love to race your camaro but ill even give you a chance ill run you in mike roberts mustang but at TNT june 15 that will be the next time were at the track due to work and family! His car is a good 2.5 seconds slower than my car so you may have a very very small chance in hell!
Melson Chassis Works

Re: RED LIGHT 1 year, 10 months ago #1268

sorry i chimed in before i read the whole thread,,, but geeeezz all that over chase makes the race???,,

ive made a ton of passes at the old midnights too,, many a night on dawson in front of ez's shop,, my old nova or the ventura never were the fastest and i got spanked by a lot [ok all] of the badboys and i never had a complaint.

but the concept aint that complicated,, if he goes red and you try to run him down and cant get there, done deal, been there,,, if its real early just shut it down and back over by the wall till he comes back around,,,if its close and you leave, back off let him run thru go around and hook up again,, aint gotta be some drama, doesnt have to hold up the show

i mean 4500 aint exactly a fuse that cant be put out, i always 2stepped mine at 7k+,, in second at the 60, didnt hurt my feelings to shut it off and launch it again in a few

wonder how many posts would come under "gimmee two cars and the hit for a hundy", lol

Re: RED LIGHT 1 year, 10 months ago #1269

btw,,, one green only sounds cool and fun as hell, the red should stay just no instant win light, simple,,, and the starter has the final say [you know big john is up there saying damn right]

Re: RED LIGHT 1 year, 8 months ago #1667

I know this is an older post, but heres an idea.

Back in the day street racin rarely ever started from a dead stop unless a stop light was involved.

Stage as normal. Set a 5 second countdown clock to start once both cars are staged. Either driver can leave the start line whenever they want, but if you hit the 60 foot mark before the countdown clock hits exactly 0, put er on the trailer buddyro.

Much like drag boat racing. Increase the skill and fun level.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds