Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RED LIGHT

Re: RED LIGHT 2 years, 2 months ago #1223

but if its not index racing and you're both going at the same time, then what do you do when they go red? slam on the brakes after a 5k rpm launch and a 1.5 60'?? then just back up into the stage beams again and wait for the next car? doesn't make much sense, i thought quick and timely passes was the key here. not taking 5minutes to get one car to make a pass..
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Mark Whitte.

Re: RED LIGHT 2 years, 2 months ago #1225

Mark Whitte wrote:
but if its not index racing and you're both going at the same time, then what do you do when they go red? slam on the brakes after a 5k rpm launch and a 1.5 60'?? then just back up into the stage beams again and wait for the next car? doesn't make much sense, i thought quick and timely passes was the key here. not taking 5minutes to get one car to make a pass..

The pass we have been talking about was more like a 1.2 60' and the bottom line needs to be the norm a red light looses thats the way its been and the way it should be, its the only way that makes sence to everybody but like 3 people, so do you run the rules of 3 people or everybody else?
Melson Chassis Works

Re: RED LIGHT 2 years, 2 months ago #1226

Patrick Melson wrote:
Mark Whitte wrote:

The pass we have been talking about was more like a 1.2 60' and the bottom line needs to be the norm a red light looses thats the way its been and the way it should be, its the only way that makes sence to everybody but like 3 people, so do you run the rules of 3 people or everybody else?

X2

Re: RED LIGHT 2 years, 2 months ago #1229

I like the "instant green" idea. Like startin' of a flashlight . Midnights were never meet to be for a test n tune or for the bracket racers . It is to bring the racing off the streets to the track.

No book with rules cause the rules wouldn't fill one page.

Rule 1 : You pull to the line , you better be ready to race.
Rule 2 : If you chase , its a race. It's your word against their and no one wants to hear either.
Rule 3 : First across the line wins.

Theirs your rules .
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: RED LIGHT 2 years, 2 months ago #1230

And I know the rule was this till '99 . I quit racing at the track after that up till a few years ago.
IRONHEAD'ed 355

Re: RED LIGHT 2 years, 2 months ago #1231

fourspdtom wrote:
been a while for me but as i recall, back in the day it was like a pro tree. but as was said, no ambers and just green would work,,

there would still be someone jump and need a red , but no automatic win lite , so just like in the day, chase makes a race, if they go red and you still try to run em dowm you lose
NOW I GET IT. SO IF THE OTHER CAR GOES RED, I JUST LAUNCH, BECAUSE I AM AT 4500RPM AND ON THE BRAKE. THEN AFTER THE LAUNCH, I JUST STOP AND WAIT FOR THE GREEN LIGHT IN MY LANE, OR JUST GO DOWN THE TRACK AT 5MPH UNTILL I SEE THE WIN LIGHT IN MY LANE,, ( GOT IT )
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds