Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Would you bracket race for trophies only?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Would you bracket race for trophies only?

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 9 months ago #565

Honestly, No! Maybe every now and then if I lived closer to a track. But I wouldn't tow 160 mile's (round-trip) for one. Not even for a Wally. If you consider tow cost, entry, race fuel, maybe a burger and a 24 pack. It cost $200 buck's to take the tree for the 1st round. No way that kind of expense can be justified, for a trophy. At least not with any regularity. For racers like me, the entry is the cheapest part of the whole deal. Well, except for maybe the 24 pack.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Jeff White.

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 9 months ago #567

X2
Joe p

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 9 months ago #570

No. The money is the icing on the cake. With the fuel cost & race car maint. what it is, anything helps.
Semi, runner up, or winner money helps racers with cost.
We are very very fortunate to be in a hobby that can offer some return.
Back in the good ole days, with gas under a dollar & money went farther, it was easier to have alot of participation & run for just tropheys.
That being said, I don't believe Trophey classes should be just for newbys. No matter who you are, if you want to run Trophey, run it.
Money payout is the brass ring, & every racer believes he can achieve it, just like winning the lottery. LOL

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 9 months ago #574

No

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 9 months ago #579

Mike has a good idea, a open trophy class open to anyone. ps cool trophies wouldn't hurt either. If the trophy was a Wally i think a few might show up!

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 9 months ago #584

NO!
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds