Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Would you bracket race for trophies only?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Would you bracket race for trophies only?

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 1 month ago #586

Nope. Like Jeff said, it costs $200 for gas there and back. I would like to at least get a chance to come out ahead.

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 1 month ago #642

I'd race for a trophy that said "Top Eliminator"

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 1 month ago #644

• Wade Metzinger
  • Computers are for geeks, throw them out and drive!
Ok sounds like this one wouldn't fly. I'm in the minority, I'm not saying I don't like to win money but if we had a good program with good competition and no win money but lower entry fees I'd still come. I enjoy the competition more than the money. It goes along with my thinking on splitting, I don't like to spliting it's not because of the money, but because I want to see who the best person is that day and to me when you split it takes the pressure off (sort of when you see you opponent red light it distracts you from focusing on you light and your light will be off or a fluke, even though I try not to let it distract me) .

I enjoy bracket racing as a hobby and enjoy seeing/talking/hanging out with friends as much as I enjoy the racing, winning money is nice (icing on the cake) but not essential for me to enjoy the sport but that just my perspective.

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 1 month ago #648

Wade, I agree with you in principle, but for those of us that live a tankful or more from any track, the thinking has a different element to it. It's much more time consuming and expensive for us racers that don't live close to a track.

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 1 month ago #660

what about 1/2 the money, a lower entry fee and a trophy???

Re: Would you bracket race for trophies only? 2 years, 1 month ago #661

i got back into drag racing ... after about 30 years ... not for money....for the fun of it... as the old saying goes... how do you make a small fortune drag racing?... answer is ... start out with a LARGE one....lol... heck i'll race for a trophy... and bragging rights........see you at the races..... caveman
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds