Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Keep door cars and dragaters separate?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Keep door cars and dragaters separate?

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 7 months ago #605

Did Bob Gilmore (out of Ark City) win a dragster with his door car?

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 7 months ago #606

Personally I budget a closer track. If Tulsa has a big race I try to get there, but am not going to pull there for a weekly race. Tulsa is a great track and I love it, but even if the tracks down here closed, I would have to stop racing, or not go as often. All because of cost. It may be lame, but it is a fact.(I do not go to the lake to ski nor have a fishing boat. If I go to the lake I put my fishing rods in the back of the truck and fish off the shore. Believe me it is a *LOT* cheaper than racing! Just not as fun.)

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 7 months ago #607

Mike DeVore wrote:
Cost of fuel is a lame excuse.

Wow! I can't believe I just read that! My tow cost are 5 time's what your's are, and you think it's lame. You obviously have more money than I do. Congrat's!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike DeVore

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 7 months ago #613

Gotta agree with Jeff on the fuel cost.

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 7 months ago #616

Jeff, I wasn't trying to compare your fuel bill to mine. All I was saying, if you want to race, then budget for it.
When I heard TRP was shutting down, I had already started planning my budget to race at Thunder Valley.
My point being, if you want to race, you can find a way to do it.

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 7 months ago #617

Mike DeVore wrote:
Jeff, I wasn't trying to compare your fuel bill to mine. All I was saying, if you want to race, then budget for it.
When I heard TRP was shutting down, I had already started planning my budget to race at Thunder Valley.
My point being, if you want to race, you can find a way to do it.

I would love to have heard your opinion on fuel cost, after, you have towed to Noble for an entire season. I think your perspective would be a little different. Saying you would have done it, isn't the same as those of us who have done it for the last 25 year's, for every single race we go to. If people had the money to "Budget", racing wouldn't be in the shape it's in now. It all come's down to priorities I guess. Good luck to you and Parker this season Mike.
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds