Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Keep door cars and dragaters separate?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Keep door cars and dragaters separate?

Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 4 months ago #542

• Wade Metzinger
  • Computers are for geeks, throw them out and drive!
I'm see that at some of the big money races around the country that they are keeping the door cars and dragsters separated for 3 or rounds.

What do you guys think about that?
Why do you think they are doing it?
Would it attract more racers at Tulsa on a weekly basis?
Would people enjoy bracket racing more?

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 4 months ago #552

i would still like to know why everyone wants to race 1/8th mile,and the easier on equipment ain't gona fly.nor is cheaper insurance.we used to race against motorcycles in trophy,seemed everyone back then didn't like that either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Alberty Jr.

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 4 months ago #559

I think its going to take longer, unless they use the line in the staging lanes they put in last year to seperate it,

Doing it because door cars guys dont think they have a good enough advantage against a dragster as they do a door car.

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 4 months ago #572

It could pull more door cars to S/P.
I am one of those that believe the Dragster has the advantage in this case.
But, if it was separated for a few rounds, I would participate.

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 4 months ago #573

Wade why do you ALWAYS bring this up every year? We talked about this at the first meeting this year and its over. Everyone believed it would and confusion and time to the program.

Re: Keep door cars and dragaters separate? 2 years, 4 months ago #575

What's a Dragater? :huh jk Wade. I know the Spring Fling 20's were ran that way last year, and also on the 1000 ft. The car count was over 300, and many commented how they like the idea. The race was a big success. I personally don't see the need. But if it help's, it's a win, win deal. Never gonna know if it help's if you don't try. I don't think it will slow anything down. What's hard to understand about an annoucement that say's, 'Listen in the pit's, S/pro door car's, lane's 5,6&7. S/pro Dragster, lane's 8,9, &10'. The onIy way that wouldn't be understood is 1. Racer X doesn't want his normal routine interrupted, so he or she does what they want. 2. Racer X is Retarded. I don't see it bringing car's out of the woodwork around the Tulsa area tho. I can't believe that having to race against dragster's is keeping the real racer's parked. Not sure if folk's will enjoy racing more doing it that way or not. That's for each racer to decide for themselve's. It wouldn't make me have more fun. It's a non-issue.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds