Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BRACKET RACING DEAD?

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 3 months ago #2921

Robin, Tell us what TRP MGT has not followed through on? I will see that it happens if it can be done.
TRP has more track sponsors and media coverage, FB, Website's NAT Dragster, local Paper than it has in the past 10 years, if not ever.
You say it was better when we gave away free spectators’. I went back and looked. Yes it was better for the racer because more of the racers family could and would come. It did not add to the concessions or the bottom line any. It truly cost us money. I went to the bracket finals last year and had a ball with the TRP team. I wish every bracket race could be like that.
I am proud of our car count for the JR's it is our biggest class. The reason why I think, 95% of the JR's just want to race and the familys all get along. I dont see that in the rest of the brackets.
Maybe we should put mud tires on all the bracket cars. LOL we had a huge crowed their and several stayed and watched the Bracket races. We did that so they could see what it was all about and try to get some of them involved with the bracket program.
We will continue to work on the Brackets at TRP but if we have no support from the local racers then no matter what we do it will fail.
Todd
Tulsa Raceway Park

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 3 months ago #2922

i really believe you are missing my point. there are loads of bracket cars in this area that are just not coming to TRP. i this this post was about why they are not coming out and how to get them to come out. i for one love the tulsa track and have likes lots of other racers gone thru many owners and different managers. i think the racers that do come out feel that way. i have heard the comment many many times with new people, "oh i'm coming to race at tulsa, its to hard" well folks its hard everywhere. but i believe between bracket racing being a hard sport to understand and go rounds we need to work on that. i realize TRP has all kinds of advertizement and social media but if the racer feels like there isn't a class they won't come. there are alot of racers that don't come out and we need to find out why arn't bring their cars and see if we can can get them back hooked. lol i think i even heard rumor Mr jeff white was coming this weekend.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 3 months ago #2924

i'll ask the question, what happend to the index races? and i'll have to disagree with Robin on the fun class and the trophy if other tracks race their street class for $ it's going to be hard to pull folks away from that. of course this is an entry level group we're talikng about. IMO

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 3 months ago #2925

I have a great racer education program. With the help of Robin I was able to run it 3 times a few years ago. Out of that we got 3 new bracket racers, If we were to have continue it, we would have many more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Alberty Jr.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 3 months ago #2926

• Wade Metzinger
  • Computers are for geeks, throw them out and drive!
One thing that I think would help is to have a Quick No-E and SuperPro class like Noble or have a gamblers races for people that go out early. Start it with 3rd round.

As a hobby, since we don't race every weekend like we used to it lessens the enjoyment factor if you get 2 time trials and go out 2nd round and the next race isn't for 3 weeks, unless your willing to travel and most people don't anymore. I think this causes people to sell and find a new hobby. Or for someone new, it's not enough racing to get any better so the lose interest.

In SuperPro it may help to split out the dragsters and door cars for the first 3 rounds. They do this at some of the big races and on the east coast where they have lots of cars. But someone would need to talk to the SuperPro racers about that.

I think running a few index races with the brackets every now and them could increase enthusiasm/enjoyment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Prado, Jon Hollis

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 3 months ago #2927

i know several people that will go to mokan because they have a bracket race nearly every single weekend..not once a month, its cheaper entry, payout is good, spotsman (trophy like class) pays 300 to win for very little entry, its really not a 1 single issues its several issues rolled into 1, ..heck bring back real 1/4 mile racing,..bring back a 12.00 index class or a 13.50 index class, both are cheap to run, Tulsa just seems to be more geared toward special events , like national events and big shootouts , etc more then bracket racing, just my opinion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds