Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BRACKET RACING DEAD?

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2983

I am sadly part of the problem and not the solution. With the exception of a couple Shelby races the only time I bring my car out is TnT. I tried to run a 10.50 index race last year at a midnites but since I was the only entry they refunded my money and it turned into another TnT for me. Fuel expense is definately a concern and I have put out some major cash the last couple years building a pump-gas motor for my car so I could miniumize that cost and in reality my pick-up and open trailer dont burn up that much fuel in the 12 miles I have to travel to get there. So, you ask, whats it gonna take to get this 'BOZO' out there? Well, it isnt Bracket Racing lessons. I started bracket racing in the 70s and did it steady up until I moved to the area 6 years ago. Free entry? I am with Todd on that one, free entry dont work. I know this from personal experience I wont go into right now. If you want to come and talk me into coming out while I am at a TnT you are welcome in my pit any time but unless the car an driver are ready they wont be there. 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile....dont make a bit of difference to me. I dont much care for Buy-Backs but that seems to be the norm these days. Would much rather see a second chance race set-up like a gambler. I did like the index/heads-up concept but there doesnt seem to be much interest so I doubt if it has much of a future. I know that in other areas of the country index racing has a pretty good following but doesnt seem to here. Everytime I come out I put my E-Mail address on my tech card and I have yet to recieve a single E-Mail informing me of an upcoming race, bracket or otherwise. I do know one thing, TRP is a premium facility compaired to most of the other tracks I have race in this country (and Mexico) and I want to see it flourish. So if it takes my coming out to bracket race to contribute in some small way to its success I will make the effort to do so.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2984

Mike, Thank you for your support and kind words.

Jeff, I sleep fine, I don't have to have every bracket racer like me for stating facts. 90% of our issues come form bracket racers and less than 10% of the tracks income. But with that said keith and I still know that the Bracket program is a major part of over all health of a good tract. As everyone knows I am not a bracket racer and have not bracket raced in over 25 years. It has changed a bunch since i did race. I still don't understand buy backs as a racer but I do as a track owner.I don't understand getting 3 shots at the tree with all the electronics. I do know come Aug of this year I will be getting more in tune with all of this due to I will be at the brackets more often when my son starts to race Jr's and I know I have a lot to learn one several different levels. I am sure my option will change again as I understand more of it. But that leads me to why Tulsa Raceway Park hired David Woods. Keith and I both know that brackets were our weakness.
Please give David a chance he has been given the Master Key to do what he wants with bracket program and we are hoping for big things.

I am sorry if i offended anyone. I meant to say or for you to understand that if you make suggestions and race in the points it has more bearing on what we may do because they are the ones at the track most often and it effects them the most. I still read and take in weight in what others say.

I agree lets talk about a FEW 1/4 mile races. We need to go fast because this is why we drag race.

I truly Thank each and everyone of yo that have shared on this topic. I am not even the bit upset with anything said. We need to communicate so we all can understand each other and make improvements for Tulsa Raceway Park and the racers.
Todd
Tulsa Raceway Park
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff White, robin phelps

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2989

Thank you Todd for getting on the forum and letting people know that you are open and willing to try different things at the brackets.
a couple of items i have,
i didn't know anything about the "bounty" is it still in effect this year??

i believe that we should listen to everybody and see if they have a suggestion that might help us. the points racers are coming each time, all the other racers we need.

I would love to see a concelation race to start after 2nd or 3 round (only if your were out) so people could get more runs down the track (bang for their buck) if they want to. as long as you run them inbetween rounds it shouldn't take additional time. also the longer people are there they might spend more money and have more fun.

information about continuenancy program?????

i really like the comment of giving a free entry to the throphy class to some people that regularly don't attend. that would be people coming to the brackets that normally wouldn't be there and they may bring people with them and spend money and come back.

thanks for listening!

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2990

That's a very good post Todd! Having been self-employed most of my life, I can certainly relate to the 90% from 10% remark. I've said the same thing probably a 1000 time's. It doesn't have to be tho. The attention to all the little thing's usually have a greater affect than the single big things. Like Robert said, everyone want's to see TRP have a great program, myself included. Believe it or not, just a few years ago. I pulled money out of my own pocket to help sponsor TRP's No-e class. I'm glad to hear you're gonna bracket race with your son. I think it'll give you a better perspective on Bracket racing. And even if it's still not your thing. You'll have more of an appreciation for it.
Onward & upward then. Lot's of good ideas out there. One that hasn't been hit on much is. Promote your TNT class at the Brackets a little better. I think if people know they have the Saturday option for TNT, it will help a lot. Also, as has been mentioned. Racers want more time in their race-cars. The addition of some index racing or Quick classes added in with the Bracket's, will do just that. I myself really like Pro-Tree racing. The idea tho, isn't to just get more money out of the racers who are already there. You want more racers, period. Not trying to be a ball buster. But I think you're gonna have to get your entry and purse more inline with your competitors. I know it cost, but you say you all are getting more help than ever before. Might have to kick some of that help to the Bracket program. You won't hit a home run at first, but it will help. I don't envy anyone in the race-track business. Not the best of investment's these days. But if everyone is helping, I still believe that everyone can benefit from it. And most of all, have some fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2991

I guess I'm one of the few that really doesn't have a complaint at how the bracket program has been ran, I haven't made a bracket race the past two years because I have been working 7 days a week and I rarely have time to work on the car much less time to come spend a whole day at the track, I hope to make a couple races later in the summer. I have made the midnight's a few times so still supporting the track just in a different way.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2993

Well run race today. Had fun and did shake the bracket managers hand.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds