Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BRACKET RACING DEAD?

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 4 months ago #2962

Well.... So much for that... What I posted on Facebook got minimized over to the side.. OH WELL maybe someone will read it...

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 4 months ago #2963

Ok I am Taking close note on all the thread on this topic.
I can put some of them to sleep right now.

1, Why are we racing 1/8 mile?
Becaus the bracket finals all race 1/8. it does the team no good to race 1/4 all year when we race 1/8 at the Bracket finals and other tracks do the same.

If we have a racers that want to race 1/4 mile then get them togather, we will have a 1/4 mile shootout/ grudge or something but it has to be a full feild we are not preparing the track for just a few.

2, Points, We pay for a service and we expect them to provide this service. They had a major issue with thier server and Jimmy shut our system down in the middel of a race due to weather. This is what messed the points up. I do not see an issue from here on out on getting you points by the end of race. It is in the racers bets intrest ot make sure the points are correct befor the enxt race.

3, Fuel cost, I dont get it. I know for a fact I spend more on just fuel for my Race car's at an event then most spend on getting to and from the races. I hate nothing more then buying fuel for my Rig. Why beacuse I know I just spent 450.00 to drive, I truly did not get anything for my money. But I do it because I love Drag racing. I have paid 4.56 a gal in the past and boy it hurt but I still went.

Lets drop the fuel cost issue. I am sorry if it keeps you away from racing or anything else, but the track has nothing to do with the cost.

4,As far as David Woods, he is not a coputer guy. But I have been to both of the Bracket races and seen him standing at the front of the staging lanes speaking to just about everyone.

Maybe since thier is only one of him and many of you. You should take time out to go say Hello and meet him. This is a two way street.

5, FREE FREE FREE, everyone whant's something for FREE. We do not open the track for free. Show me a company that does and then I will study how thay do it and try to make it apply to our track.

6, I have tried to give money back to the racers. Anyone recall the Bounty? I said last year that if you took out the winner from the prior braket race we would give you half your enty back. Nobody I know of even took note of this.

7, I feel and it may be worng, I have been worng before, if you are not running points you dont have a dog in this fight. The ones that support the track all the time, run points are the ones I listen to the most.

Now have at me, Todd
Tulsa Raceway Park

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 4 months ago #2964

Jon Hollis wrote:
Well.... So much for that... What I posted on Facebook got minimized over to the side.. OH WELL maybe someone will read it...

I read it so you would have at least one person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 4 months ago #2965

Jon we have done both of the things you are talking about.
Try again.
Tulsa Raceway Park

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 4 months ago #2966

Mike DeVore wrote:
I know fuel cost is high, but you would be spending money on fuel whether it was towing a boat to the lake to fish or pulling a travel trailer to go camping.
Racing is still a hobby, just like fishing, hunting, camping, boating or any other outdoor recreation.
People still do it, regaurdless of fuel cost.
I don't like the cost of fuel either, but its a cop out to blame it for not racing.
It is just a part of doing any outdoor hobby, I have a choice, either buy it or stay at home.
With that being said, it would make the cost of buying fuel easier to swallow, if I was getting good value out of my hobby, no matter what it is.

Don't go to the lake and when I fish I fish from the bank of a pond somewhere close. Don't camp and don't boat. My only real hobby is racfing. I do enjy working out in the yard every once in awhile. There is no way I believe it is a cop out. It's a fact.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 4 months ago #2967

Did not mean to say that fuel cost is the tracks fault. I know it isn't. Just explaining why I did not run points even though I wanted to. I did support the track with myonly tri this year so far.
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds