Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BRACKET RACING DEAD?

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 2 months ago #2948

I have to agree that fuel costs are a big consideration for me. It is my biggest expense, unless I grenade a motor or something like that. And Mike, yes some people still do their hobby regardless of fuel costs, but many more have cut back or even quit, be it fishing, boating, or whatever.

One more thing about points racers. They are the backbone of the bracket program. TRP owes them timely and accurate points updates. It is disrespectful to them to ignore their questions about points status. I know, I know, it's 1320's fault. The way I see it, 1320 is no excuse. When it became known that 1320 was having problems TRP should have bypassed them and spent 2 or 3 hours and figured the points by hand. The points racers deserve better. It will be hard to grow the bracket program if the points racers are not happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 2 months ago #2949

Another thought....what about a TRP rep. with a few FREE race entry tickets to give away at other tracks or racers they know that don't go to TRP...TRP would not be losing anything as they would not be at TRP anyway...This might encourage them to at least come a try TRP once.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 2 months ago #2950

Jeff, it wasn't my intention to be on a high horse.
All I was trying to say is, I pay the same for fuel as anybody else does. I also love to race.
So I make sacrifices to do what I love.
We know about how many races, local & out of town we are attending during the season, & plan on spending X amount of dollars, thats all.
It would be the same way if I was doing any other outdoor recreation, but since I can't afford to do anything else but race, it is a decesion that my family & I have decided to do.
How is it a race tracks responsability for the cost of fuel? Their responsability is to make you want to race at their track.
If it costs too much in fuel to get to your hobby, maybe you need to scale down your hobby. A 1/2 ton truck, open trailer & a 10K race car is a lot cheaper than a 35Ft trailer & a new 1-ton with a 40K + race car in the trailer to do your hobby.
Yes, the economy isn't great, but it isn't that bad in Oklahoma.
Racers are buying fuel to get to TVRP & MoKan, even racers from Tulsa. so yes, it's a cop-out.
My point was, the cost of fuel is high, but it would be easier to take, if you could get more enjoyment from the Venue that you are traveling to.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 2 months ago #2951

Some of my thoughts. One of the things that I believe makes Carl successful with a bracket program is personal attention. He is seen in the pits talking and shaking hands. People are made to feel wanted and appreciated so they feel invested in the track. This is a business for Todd and Keith, I have no problem with that, but we now have a bracket manager. I have seen him twice. I don't know him at all and I believe we should have had a drivers meeting at the first of the year to introduce him to us. Those of you who already know him it was fine for. At the Bracketpalooza I think he should have been walking around and introducing himself to us, getting to know us, and asking any questions he might have of us. He has said he is not much of a computer guy, so why isn't he a face to face guy then???

To the point Robert made about not getting questions answered on this board, I agree. If Keith has people walking up to his dealerships and they were just left to walk around the lot with no one to help them, they probably wouldn't end up giving him their money, and that is the bottom line.

I don't have a problem with the entry fees going up $2. Sorry but the track has expenses that go up also, it can't be the same as it was in the 90s. No I'm not rich, but I am glad to have the best track for 300 miles around to race at.

Most of that is directed toward the crowd we already have. As for getting new people racing or new racers from out of town.

I have always said that I wouldn't gripe about something if I wasn't willing to do something about it myself. I got into city government work before for the same reason. I would be willing to pay the $45 entry fee for one person to race No-E. The free entry could be given to a test and tuner that would be interested in trying brackets, or an out of towner that might want to come down. Others could maybe do the same or we could all go together to do it. 10 people @$4.50 ea is not to bad. Maybe we could get some of the people from down around Sallisaw to come up that way???

Well that's just some of my ramblings, do with it what you will.

Curtis

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 2 months ago #2954

hi all... just wan't to put my 2 cents in ... i have no problem paying the higher fee... if that helps keep the track open.... but running a 1/8 mile on a perfect track that has plenty of shut down seems odd to me... pro mod or the higher speed cars...ok i know there cost is more than most of the bracket cars...my car ran a lot of races last year... and... it will be ready in about 2 weeks... i will support the track as best i can.... hope they treat us as good as the high dollar cars.... thanks caveman

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 1 year, 2 months ago #2955

OK so I'm trying my part now..... I realize that FACEBOOK reaches alot of people. How many of you are on Facebook and have "liked" the Tulsa Raceway Park page??? Have you noticed that TRP is constantly talking up the big events on there an rarely if ever mentions the Bracket Program?

SO I took it upon myself to post on there and try to PROMOTE the Bracket Program. I think TRP should make up a simple picture that shows there is something going on even on the weekends that aren't hosting big events like the "THROWDOWN". I also think they should advertise more that if you come out to the Brackets then you can stay for the Midnights. Maybe people would start coming out earlier and accidentally learn about Bracket Racing. This might lead to more fans for the Bracket Program..
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds