Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BRACKET RACING DEAD?

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2930

I have been contemplating racing this weekend.. BUT adding up the costs.. $67.00 entry, $50.00 truck fuel, $50.00 to $60.00 race fuel, then food and drinks will cost me over $200 and what do I get?? THREE 1/8th mile passes?? maybe 4 or 5 if I get lucky and win a round or 2...

Want to attract me back to TRP?????

1. OPEN TIME TRIALS so that I get more than 2 practice runs.
2. 1/4 mile!!!!!!!!!!!! I enjoy my track time. 1/8th mile on a BEAUTIFUL 1/4 mile track doesn't excite me!!
3. Gamblers Race so that after I get put out 1st or 2nd round I can still have fun and get some racing in..

If things don't change I'll be joining the Test-n-Tuners so that I can get some seat time and 1/4 mile E.T.s.. OR I'll end up either putting the car back on the street or selling it.

I truly don't expect anything to change. I'm one of the few that likes to go have fun an make passes and can't afford to race every weekend. BUT you asked so here's my $.02.

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2932

<<< Forgotten about, but not dead yet.
Many of you know what I have been through the last couple of years, trying to get my ole heap back in one piece. I really would like to be back racing with you one of these days. Looks like 2014 will be as soon as I can get there.

Next time you are at a four way stop, look around at the cars. Is there any question as to why the younger crowd is into things besides drag racing in general? The oem factories offer, one looks like the other boring disposable automobiles. Yes there are a few hot rods, but they are expensive, and are out of reach for a lot of people.

What could bring more cars out to the bracket's? What are the largest number of cars at a test and tune? Ignore the cars in lane 10 for a second, yes we all like to see the fast stuff, but lets stay focused. Take a drive down Memorial, what type of cars do you see the most of? One or two of this, a couple of those, and sure is a lot of X. Those large groups are your target. Get them involved.

Seat time. I actually like to drive my car, I really like to go fast. Just because your points racers have elected to run 1/8 mile, doesn't mean you cant have extra curricular activities. Gamblers races, quick 8's (16 , 32 etc.) time trials. I do see the points racers point about tnt during points races, but in the current market, I cant see how you can not have, and advertise it so that's it's a known.

Timeliness, when the pair at the tree leave the starting line, the pair in the box, need to begin heating the hydes, no excuse for anything other than. If a down track problem arises deal with it accordingly, no need waiting on what if's. And final final call to the lanes for any given class is unacceptable. 1, 2, 3, and shut them off. You miss the call, the buy back window is right over there. And mean it.

I will be back
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Prado, Jon Hollis

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2933

The issue IS complex.....I will try to give take in a respectful way to all....
As for Mokan and other local tracks...they have a LARGE core group of racers that are always at those tracks and rarely ever go anywhere else..
As I travel I hear reasons people don't come to TRP...as...I cant race at TRP, my car wont pass tech...even though I know they have GOOD cars...I hate coming to Tulsa and seeing all that money...ie big rigs, nice cars and etc...or TRP always picks on me, and the list goes on..some of these you cant fix no matter what TRP does..I agree costing more to race dose not help...and yes I think Trophy should go away...and the test and tune option is real for many...you can come out and run for less make all the pass' you want on Fri. and have the rest of the weekend off...after all only one in each class leaves the track a winner...the rest are just there for fun...EVEN though we are in it to win it..we are just paying for recreation...Don't know if any of this makes sense...PLEASE be sure I am not trying offend anyone...On a personal note I hate the return of the old way cars are drawn from the lanes...I liked the random card system MUCH better!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2934

HOW about a racer appreciation race??? No entry FEE...Don't know how TRP could pay for it but try to EVERYONE to come..That way many might see that TRP is truly Racer friendly...Just a thought...

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2935

yogi snider wrote:
HOW about a racer appreciation race??? No entry FEE...Don't know how TRP could pay for it but try to EVERYONE to come..That way many might see that TRP is truly Racer friendly...Just a thought...
free..you do realize that one of the owners is a Chevy dealer..2$ fee per racer and spectator for a manager at the track..whats next 2$ fee for handing your tech card in..lol

Re: BRACKET RACING DEAD? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2936

• Wade Metzinger
  • Computers are for geeks, throw them out and drive!
FYI Jon, Bob and Yogi, they announced and sell test and tune tech cards at the bracket races. You just can't do both until your out. So if you just want to TNT you can, they run it just like one of the classes so you'll get 8 or more passes. After your out you can jump into the TNT if you want to.

I agree with you guys that people want to make more than 4 passes a month, and friday tnt doesn't cut it because its not just making a pass but the competition with the guy in the other lane. A quick or gamblers race would really help with that and it shouldn't add much time as they get deeper into the rounds there are dead times waiting on cars to come back around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds