Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

Bracketpalooza results
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Bracketpalooza results

Re: Bracketpalooza results 1 year, 4 months ago #2877

Ken and Jeff: Just exactly what is the difference inbetween a No/E car and a S/P car? A delay box and a automatic shifter. I am not sure if Tulsa in one of them but many No/E classes allow the automatic shifter. So that makes it the delay box that is the difference. Thats *ONE* difference. It allows you to use your finger instead of your foot. Hardly "every gizmo/aid known to man". My car does not even have the automatic shifter. Slim has complained, but I have not bought one yet.. You still have to let the finger go just like a driver has to push the gas. Also as you know, many, and I mean *MANY* races are won on the other end. No "gizmo/aid" will help you there.

Mike: No I do not race at Tulsa much and when I do I do not watch the motorcycles. No intrest at all. But you just proved what I said. He's driving 10 hours to race with cars. Must be pretty profitable for him to do so. But with that said I hope to be bringing my car back to Tulsa, MoKan and Centerville because our local strip closed. But it will not nearly as much as I would like because it is just too expensive.

I am hardly bringing this up because we got beat at the races. I said this before and am just stating my feelings again. I am hardly the only one who thinks motorcycles should race motorcycles and cars should race cars. It has been discussed many times before. I also went over and congratulated those guys for their win.

Re: Bracketpalooza results 1 year, 4 months ago #2887

IMO

The facts remain that all racers face the same issue (within their class):

1. You must cut a light and run your number.

How that is achieved is dependent on the individual not the vehicle.

Regards,
Ken

Re: Bracketpalooza results 1 year, 4 months ago #2889

Stephen, I know Slim can bottom bulb with the best of them so this has nothing to do with him, but you left out a few things. like a trans brake, two step on the starting line, no car leaving in your peripheral vision while you wait on your tree to come down, throttle stop if you want it. I would say that's more than one thing.

Also, I will add that if you don't have an automatic shifter and an SLE on the car you are sending Slim to a gunfight with a knife. He does pretty good with the knife though. Just think how much money he could win if all he had to do was let go of the button and concentrate on drawing those dragsters in and cutting them down at the other end.

Re: Bracketpalooza results 1 year, 4 months ago #2893

Just to be clear, none of this has anything to do with Slim. He knows that I respect him as a friend, and even more-so as a driver. My point about the Aid's/Gizmo's was to point out what S/pro car/drivers have at their disposal. We'll start with, 2-step's, maybe a 3-step rev-limiter, trans-brake, starting line enhancer, throttle stop, delay-box, bump-up &/or bump down, electric shifter, Digital 7 ignition box witch brings traction control to the table with a 1 wire hook-up. Of course with Tech being so stringent at most tracks that wouldn't happen, right! Not saying everyone has this stuff, but most do. And it is at everyone's disposal. The other main point was, the day's of being able to field multiple classes with huge car-counts are over, and not coming back. It's time to find ways to include racers, not exclude them. Also, does anyone have any idea how hard it is to win in S/pro, On a bike! Those guy's were just plain ole great racers. No reason to get all butt-hurt because they can win. They would win on, or in anything. Lastly, about the electric shifters. If you can shift a POWERGLIDE, on time. Whether in your 4.50 dragster, or the slowest car on the property. Then you aren't nearly as gifted a driver as you think you are. Pro-Stock drivers shift 4 time's by the 1/8 mile. No reason anyone shouldn't be able to do it once.

Re: Bracketpalooza results 1 year, 4 months ago #2894

I meant if you CAN'T shift a glide. But this sorry-azz web-site won't even let you edit a mis-spelled word.

Re: Bracketpalooza results 1 year, 4 months ago #2898

curtis reed wrote:
Stephen, I know Slim can bottom bulb with the best of them so this has nothing to do with him, but you left out a few things. like a trans brake, two step on the starting line, no car leaving in your peripheral vision while you wait on your tree to come down, throttle stop if you want it. I would say that's more than one thing.

Also, I will add that if you don't have an automatic shifter and an SLE on the car you are sending Slim to a gunfight with a knife. He does pretty good with the knife though. Just think how much money he could win if all he had to do was let go of the button and concentrate on drawing those dragsters in and cutting them down at the other end.

I had to look up just what a SLE was. Had never heard of it.

I did not forget the transbrake. I said you leave with your finger instead of your foot. Both take a reaction. As for the SLE I had a Dedenbear throttle stop on the car and took it off because we never used it. With the Bindo 450 and it I could have used it for one I believe. Neither Slim or Tim said anything when removing it. I didn't even know what it was. If I get ahead any I was going to add the shifter though. One thing holding me back was Centerville does not allow them and I hate removing stuff. Thats why we did not race No/E at the Bracketpolussa. We had the money, but I nixed it. He wanted too. They have always allowed Slim to just remove the button from the steering wheel, but it just pisses me off to have to bend the rules for just him. I have seen people stand behind the car watching though to see if he was using the button.

While all those things you *can* have many do not. Also I believe the allowing of Motorcycles is hurting the count. Cars are not coming because of that one rule. I only saw 4 or 5 motorcycles at the race. There is no doubt they are good drivers, but add the being on top of the front wheel they haven a distinct advantage.

I was going to answert Jeff's post, but I am tired of typing and I have to run to town and buy a spindle for the lawn mower and put it on. When you type with two fingers it just wears you out. B^) Even though I am preetty darn fast for two fingers.
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds