Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

2013 changes announced
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2013 changes announced

Re: 2013 changes announced 1 year, 8 months ago #2509

not kicking the already dead horse, and i dont care 1/8 vs. 1/4 but would it be possible to put an exit closer to the lights. in the intrest of time? i know it would involve some paving ect. but i believe shorten up the delay between passes?

Re: 2013 changes announced 1 year, 8 months ago #2510

Steve,
That is a valid concern IMO.

I know they closed that exit shortly after the bad accident with a pro-stock car hitting that open area during one of the Throw-Down races.

Maybe Todd could answer that.
Just another bracket racer!

Re: 2013 changes announced 1 year, 8 months ago #2511

Todd Martin wrote:
WOW,
Thanks to Wade and Ken, they are on the ball and all information they have put on this site is is correct.
The reason for 1/8" is because of the big money races and the Bracket Finals are ran that way. The other is because David Woods thinks it best. He is complete control of the bracket program at TRP. Keith and I are behind him 100%.
10-4

Re: 2013 changes announced 1 year, 8 months ago #2514

yes thanks Wade and Ken for the recap. i think it would be a great idea to open that fist turn off lane again. maybe a movable barrier that could be opened and closed as needed. that certainly would get the cars and Jrs off the track quicker which would send the next pair quicker.
I am really looking forward to this next year with all the changes. i think David will bring a "new sense of style and humor to the brackets" and that will be refreshing. The new Contingency program is going to be AWESOME. 1000 extra dollars to be given away each bracket race. come on guys this is good!!!!
David is looking for idea's on how to give that away so even you guys that haven't raced in awhile come on out and join the bracket program and win some contingency money. there was talk of giving one away for somebody that went out 1st round. (now no excuses you guys to say you can't win!!!)

Re: 2013 changes announced 1 year, 8 months ago #2515

a removable barier would be needed for sure, i dont want anyone to hit an opening! with that being said why not just make all of the racing 1/8 and be done with it? i believe we all know that we are going that direction and to install and remove a barier between classes would be prohibitive?

Re: 2013 changes announced 1 year, 8 months ago #2517

Midnight folks will probably want it to stay 1/4.
Trophey & TNT will be 1/4.
But it would be nice to have open/close gate there.
I don't think I remember the track having to be totally clear on the big end to run the next pair of cars, when running 1/8 mile.
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds