Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: points question

Re: points question 1 year, 5 months ago #2455

robin phelps wrote:
Of course lets change back to no/e. last year all i heard was No/Box was the best thing for the class and how it doesn't matter so this way we would pick up some racers. now its oh No we can't allow tranny brakes because some people whinned and its back to foot brake. if you listen to racers in the pits that is not why we lost racers. did that effect s/p also hmmmm
what about door cars racing door cars in S/P. nothing is being said about that?

hmmm does anybody read this forum

Im just curious who whinned? I do believe that changing the class to no box did lead to us losing a few No E racers. I was not one of them. By the end of the year there may of only been two or three people still using a tranny brake. So basically in my opionion changing it to no box did nothing but hurt the class. In all reality car count will not increase untill Tulsa starts paying more money. No one will want to show up and pay $55 to race for $500, when you can take a trip down the highway and pay $50 to race for $1,000. As far as the whole changing the racing to 1/8th or 1000' or 60' or keeping it 1/4, it doesn't matter to me. I personally think the most fun part of bracket racing is not going fast, but the thrill of hitting the tree and knowing if your on or off and ripping and dipping and dodging at the finish line to get the win light or not getting it. But that is just my opionion.

Re: points question 1 year, 5 months ago #2456

Wade, you're right, it is a dead horse, but I just can't resist taking another whack.

I've been around drag racing since the late 1960's, so I have a BIG bias towards 1/4 mile. To me, the speed is the thing I love the most. As far as 1/8 being easier on parts and cheaper, I'm not in this sport to baby my junk around. If Tulsa goes to 1/8 for No/e I guess I will go to Wichita more often. The drive is twice as far, but the track is twice as long. Trans brakes are allowed there but I ain't scared. This 'ol footbraker can still get it done (sometimes )

Running an 1/8 mile event at Tulsa does not appear to take less time than a 1/4 mile event. Maybe if there were a turnoff closer to the finish line it would make a noticeable difference. The way it is now I have to get on the gas to make to the first turnoff.

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think a trans brake car won a no-box race at Tulsa last year. Allowing trans brakes probably did hurt car count (Jimmy Denham, Martin Brown, Richard Wilson, etc). Could be a good thing to go back to Footbrake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis

Re: points question 1 year, 5 months ago #2458

Good point Parker!
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds