Welcome, Guest
Email: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: points question

Re: points question 1 year, 3 months ago #2425

Jon Hollis wrote:
curtis reed wrote:
John, points usually go with the driver. Unless you are going to run No-E and the new car turns you into Scotty Richardson then you don't get points.

Jon, which class do you run?

Car is setup for Super/Pro.. Thinking of taking the box out an running No/E though.. Waiting to make sure they don't screw up No/E with the 1/8th mile crap.. If they do I may just put the car up for sale.
sure hope it stays 1/4 mile..if it changes ill go to mokan..im only little over 1 hr from here
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by johndickjr.

Re: points question 1 year, 3 months ago #2427

[quote="Jon Hollis" post=2424
Car is setup for Super/Pro.. Thinking of taking the box out an running No/E though.. Waiting to make sure they don't screw up No/E with the 1/8th mile crap.. If they do I may just put the car up for sale.[/quote]

Yeah, I will be voting 1/4 if they ask. I don't see why anything would change though. I doesn't take us any more time to run 1/4. You still have to go to the same turn off as running 1/8. Honestly the only reason it takes more time now to run any show than back in the day is the amount of dragsters. But that is only a big deal in Super.

Re: points question 1 year, 3 months ago #2429

• Wade Metzinger
  • Computers are for geeks, throw them out and drive!
FYI Mokan runs No-E as 1/8 not 1/4. I don't know of a track within 200 miles that runs No-E 1/4 but Tulsa.

Jon your alway a big 1/4 supporter but I think you only raced at Sallisaw last year which is 1/8.....

1/8 mile is coming eventually whether we like it or not. It's safer, easier on parts, less break downs and it is faster. But I like 1/4 mile, just beating a dead horse.

I bet if it was voted on by the people entered in No-box last year (will be going back to No-E in 2013), 1/8 mile would get voted in.

But if they make trophy a beginner only class and those racers that would have to run No-E were allowed to vote it would stay 1/4.

Re: points question 1 year, 3 months ago #2430

Wade Metzinger wrote:
FYI Mokan runs No-E as 1/8 not 1/4. I don't know of a track within 200 miles that runs No-E 1/4 but Tulsa.

Jon your alway a big 1/4 supporter but I think you only raced at Sallisaw last year which is 1/8.....

1/8 mile is coming eventually whether we like it or not. It's safer, easier on parts, less break downs and it is faster. But I like 1/4 mile, just beating a dead horse.

I bet if it was voted on by the people entered in No-box last year (will be going back to No-E in 2013), 1/8 mile would get voted in.

But if they make trophy a beginner only class and those racers that would have to run No-E were allowed to vote it would stay 1/4.

YUP.. You got me.. I finally got the car together and raced 3 times at Sallisaw. I also got to do some 1/4 mile racing at the DUCK DRAGS at TRP (Most FUN I've had in a while) and I was at the CDRA FINALS. IF Tulsa ran 1/4 mile for SuperPro I would have done my 3 times there. BUT as I've stated many times before I can't stand 1/8th mile racing on a 1/4mile track UNLESS it's a BIG EVENT that draws cars from surrounding tracks. Sallisaw apparently won't be open for the 2013 season and I'm trying to decide what to do for the season. Looks like I may become a T-n-T'er or a MIDNITE RACER so I can enjoy the speeds of 1/4 mile. I'm usually a first round duck at the Brackets anyway so it'd be cheaper for me.

You may call it beating a dead horse but if people just sit silently by and allow things they love to be taken away then you give up all your rights. I don't love guns but I don't think they should be taken away from law abiding cititzens either. If gun owners just sat quietly by then that too will happen. It may happen anyway. Just like TRP may go 1/8th. That doesn't mean I have to pretend to enjoy it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Alberty Jr.

Re: points question 1 year, 3 months ago #2431

Wade Metzinger wrote:

Got carried away in my other post....

So your saying that it has already been decided to do away with No/Box??

Re: points question 1 year, 3 months ago #2432

• Wade Metzinger
  • Computers are for geeks, throw them out and drive!
Yes that is my understanding. It was changed last year thinking we might pick up some of the Kansas City racers and all it did is loose No-E racers to Trophy class because they didn't want to race against tranny brake racers. I'm not sure but I suspect they will keep No-Box for the big money races.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Hollis
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds