* This is an 1/8 miles heads-up class run on a .400 pro tree with pro ladder. MX275 top 16 Qualifiers will run in the "Front Runner" class. If we have 8 or more cars that did not qualify in the top 16, we will have a "Second Chance" race.
* All NHRA/IHRA and local track safety rules apply for driver and car, including the use of an oil retention device or an engine diaper is mandatory.
* Complete stock chassis and front frame rails must be retained from motor plate/shock tower to behind the rear wheel opening. (For non back-halved cars only.)
* Back-halved cars permitted.
* All aftermarket front suspension components allowed.
* All replacement parts must be in stock location.
* Aftermarket bolt-on replacement front K-members/sub frames are allowed.
* Struts or relocated shocks are permitted.
* All aftermarket bolt-on front ends are legal.
* Mini tubs allowed
* Anti-sway bars allowed.
* Relocation of rear shock allowed.
* Rear leaf springs, springs, shocks, and coil-overs may be moved to accommodate tire clearance, and do not need to be mounted in stock location.
* Stock suspension, ladder bar, and torque arm only.
* Aftermarket 4 links prohibited.
* Absolutely no wheelie bars.
* Factory wheel base must be maintained.
* Factoring appearing (after market parts are allowed) interior is required.
* Factory floor pan on driver and passenger side required from firewall to rear of door jamb.
* Firewall must be in stock location, minor modifications for trans, etc. are fine.
* Head-lights and tail-lights must work.
*Aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber replacement panels will be limited to hoods, front fenders, doors, deck-lids, and bumpers only. All front ends must be factory appearance and cannot be stretched.
* No extenders or stripe takers
* Lexan allowed, must maintain factory appearance.
* Maximum displacement for all engines is 640 c.i.
* Small blocks are allowed any deck height, but must remain stock bore spacing.
* GM Big Blocks are limited to 10.2 deck height.
* Ford Big Blocks are limited to 10.3 deck height.
* Mopar Big Blocks are limited to 10.7 deck height.
* Any transmission permitted.
* Single turbocharger limited to 88mm maximum. (GT55-88, Pro-Mod 88, ET-R88, Comp, Bullseye or = mid frame turbo.)
* Twin turbochargers limited to 72mm maximum.
* Turbo size will be verified by measuring the housing bore at the leading edge of the impeller wheel and must maintain the contour of the compressor housing.
* Inducer dimensions will not exceed 3.462 inches and exducer dimensions will not exceed 4.765 inches on mid frame turbos. Inducer dimensions will not exceed 3.462 inches and exducer dimensions will not exceed 5.56 inches on Large Frame turbos.
* The maximum diameter of the housing bore at the leading edge of the wheel may not exceed 2mm more than the maximum allowable.
* Inserts or reducers to achieve inlet or outlet dimensions are prohibited.
* Any type of air to air or water to air intercooler is permitted.
* Turbochargers with nitrous oxide is permitted only on 2-rotor, 4 cylinder, and inline 6 cylinder engines.
* Cog or gear driven superchargers are permitted, must meet all factory inlet, outlet, and internal housing dimensions.
* Inserts or reducers to achieve inlet or outlet dimensions are permitted.
* Any type intercooler is permitted.
* F-1R or equivalent allowed
* F-2 or equivalent allowed
* F-2R is not legal.
* Big Block with single F1R or F1X/F2 supercharger must have a 3.875 reducer.
* Cannot combine the supercharger with nitrous.
* Roots supercharger limited to 10-71.
* Centrifugal superchargers are permitted.
* Screw Superchargers (PSI C or D Rotor, and Whipple A980 or R980,etc.) are prohibited.
* No Methanol cooling on blower or turbo combos running E85 or alcohol.
Nitrous (General Rules):
* Multiple bottles, must Y together to a single #6 line.* Push nitrous systems are prohibited.
Small Block Nitrous:
* Permitted to run any multi-stage nitrous system.
Big Block Nitrous:
* Multiple Nitrous kits, must use #4 Nitrous line maximum .195 inside diameter for the fitting and the line, minimum 12 inches long attached single side of Y or at single bottle.
* Electronic Fuel Injection allowed only 8 nitrous feed lines on engine.
* Two Stage Plate allowed.
* Mufflers or inserts are required on all cars except for turbo cars.
* Exhaust may exit underneath car or out the front fenders, but must not affect timing or staging beams.
* Gasoline, Alcohol or E-85 is allowed.
* No Methanol cooling on blower or turbo combos running E85 or alcohol.
* Alcohol must adhere to a 50 lbs. weight penalty.
* Alcohol when used in conjunction with intercoolers must adhere to a 50 lbs. weight penalty.
* All cars with power adder must compete on a Drag Radial type tire with the following sidewall designation 275/60/15.
* Naturally aspirated cars are permitted to run a 28.0" x 10.5" slick, no "W" tires permitted
Minimum Base Weights (All minimum weights include the driver):
* Small Blocks (NOS and N/A) with single 4150 carb/throttle body: deduct 50 lbs.
* Small Block (NOS) with any plate nitrous system: deduct 50 lbs. (deduct does not apply if used in conjunction with fogger)
*Small Blocks (NOS and N/A) with 23 degree Chevy heads, 20 degree Ford heads, and 18 degree Mopar heads: deduct 100 lbs. RR-75 lbs.
* Small Blocks (NOS only) 18-10 degree valve angle inline head: deduct 50 lbs.
* Small Blocks (NOS only) cast t-ram/sheet metal/2 carbs or 2 throttle bodies: deduct 50 lbs.
* Throttle Bodies exceeding 4500 series on Big Block combinations: add 50 lbs.
* Non-Intercooled boosted cars on gasoline: deduct 50 lbs.
* Belt driven centrifugal superchargers: deduct 50 lbs.
* Deduct 250 lbs. Front Wheel Drive
* Deduct 25 lbs. Leaf Springs
* Deduct 300 lbs. for Inline 6 Cylinder Turbocharged/Supercharged/Nitrous Combos
* Deduct 150 lbs. for V-6 Turbocharged/Supercharged/Nitrous Combos
* Deduct 800 lbs. for 4 Cylinder Turbocharged/Supercharged/ Nitrous Combos
* Naturally Aspirated...2500 lbs.
* Nitrous... 2600 lbs.
* Single YSI/F1A/6-71 Supercharger...2800 lbs.
* Single F1C/8-71 Supercharger...2900 lbs.
* Single F1R/Xi/10-71 Supercharger (mod motor with stock angle valve heads)...3300 lbs. (add 150 lbs. for billet Xi)(deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single F1R/Xi/10-71 Supercharger (any cylinder head)...3100 lbs. (add 150 lbs. for billet Xi) (Deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger (mod motor, LS 15 or with stock valve angle heads cast head only)...3250 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger (inline head - SB Mopar SVA Hemi - C3/SB2)...3300 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck - no deck ht. deduct for C3)
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger (non-inline cast head)...3400 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2/8.7 deck)
* Single 76mm T6 Turbocharger (mid frame)...2700 lbs.
* Single 80mm T6 Turbocharger (mid frame)(add 150 lbs. for GT55-80)...2800 lbs.
* Single 82mm T6 Turbocharger (mid frame)...2900 lbs.
* Single 83mm T6 Turbocharger (mid frame)...2950 lbs.
* Single 85mm T6 Turbocharger (large frame 85/ GTX55-85)(mod motor with stock angle valve heads)...3200 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck)
* Single 85mm T6 Turbocharger (large frame 85/ GTX55-85)...3250 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck)
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Y2K or GT47-88) (mid frame)...2950 lbs.
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (GTX55-88) (small block - mod motor or stock valve angle cast head)... 3300 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck)
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (GTX55-88) (small block - any head)... 3350 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck)
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (large frame 88/PTE ProMod MF88) (mod motor with stock angle valve cast head only)... 3350 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck)
* Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (large frame 88/PTE ProMod MF88) (cast head only)...3400 lbs. (deduct 50 lbs. for 8.2 deck)
* Twin 67mm Turbochargers...3200 lbs.
* Twin 72mm Turbochargers...3250 lbs.
* Naturally Aspirated...2700 lbs.
* Nitrous-two stage plate any deck height (up to 604 c.i.)...3150 lbs.
* Nitrous-standard deck height (up to 604 c.i.)...3250 lbs.
* Nitrous-tall deck height (up to 604 c.i.)...3300 lbs.
* Nitrous-any deck height (605 to 640 c.i.)...3350 lbs.
* Single F1R/Xi/10-71 Supercharger...3400 lbs.
* Single F1X/F2/XB105 Supercharger...3450 lbs.
* Max 88mm Single Turbocharger...3400 lbs.
* Max 72mm Twin Turbochargers...3350 lbs.
Buick/Olds/Pontiac:* Nitrous Combos will not exceed 640 c.i. and must be 3200 lbs.
I reserve the right to change to or modify the rules as necessary with no less than 3 weeks notification.
If you have any questions or you need to call for clarification, if your combo is not listed, you can contact me at 870-688-6686. Jordan Grunwald-Founder of the Midwest Xtreme 275
FIELD: 8 car qualified field.
MINIMUM WEIGHT: 2300 pounds for naturally aspirated entries, 2425 pounds for Nitrous entries, 2600 pounds for Supercharged entries and 2650 pounds for Turbocharged entries.
MAXIMUM CUBIC INCH ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 526 cubic inch maximum for roots style supercharged cars, 650 for centrifugal supercharger. 540 cubic inch maximum for Turbocharged entries and unlimited cubic inches for Nitrous powered and naturally aspirated entries.
BODY: Funny car or one piece bodies not allowed even if equipped with doors. Maximum front end overhang of 45” as measured from centerline of front spindles. An extension may be used to create 45” overhang if the front end overhang of the original body is less than 45”. All bodies must originate from a documented production vehicle.
DOORS: Required. Doors must be functional and able to be opened from both the inside and outside of the vehicle. Doors may be fabricated from carbon fiber, fiberglass or metal. A metal deflector between the fenders and the leading edge of the doors is required.
FIREWALL: All firewalls must be made of 0.024 thick metal or thicker. Composite not allowed.
TAIL LIGHT: Functional rear tail light is required. Minimum of 1 tail light is required to be operational and controlled from the drivers compartment.
BALLAST: Permitted. All weight bars, pucks, etc. must use minimum 1/2 inch-diameter SAE Grade 8 bolts for attachment. Weight bags filled with lead shot or similar are prohibited.
CHASSIS: Must be SFI Spec. for your vehicles E.T. and Speed based on NHRA requirements.
GROUND CLEARANCE: Minimum of 3” required from front of car to 12” behind front axle centerline, 2” minimum for remainder of car.
STEERING: Stock type steering in conventional location required. Disconnect meeting SFI Spec. 42.1.
SUSPENSION: Race car type suspension required. Solid suspension prohibited. Shock absorbers required for all four wheels. Lockup shocks prohibited. Active suspension of any kind prohibited. Any ability to make on-track setting/rate changes based on “real time” data or input from any source is prohibited. Electrically or pneumatically controlled, hydraulic shocks and/or struts are permitted, provided all adjustment settings/changes are preset before the run. Only 1 three-wire shielded cable connection is permitted from the top of the shock/strut to the shock/strut controller. Electrical connections of any other kind to or from the shock/strut prohibited. Shock/strut travel sensors permitted, but may ONLY be connected to the vehicle data recorder. Shock/strut control boxes that have connections for travel sensors must have the pin removed from the connector. Connection to serial port on control box prohibited once car reaches the ready line. All wiring must be visible and easily traceable.
TIRES: Slicks permitted. Must be automotive type tires designed specifically for racing. Tires cannot be located outside of bodyline. All tires must have manufacturer, model and or part number and size information must be clearly and permanently designated on sidewall.
WHEEL BASE: Maximum 115″. S-10, Ranger, Dakota Maximum 125″. Full size trucks Maximum 140”. Maximum variation is 2” side to side.
WHEELS: Maximum rear wheel width 16” measured between the inner and outer tire mounting surfaces.
CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL: Throwout bearing must release all fingers, levers, stages, etc. simultaneously. Staged or variable release clutches of any description prohibited.
ENGINE: Internal-combustion, reciprocating, single-camshaft, 90-degree V-8 automotive-type engine. Bore Spacing is set to a MAXIMUM of 5.300” for Nitrous or Naturally aspirated Cars, 5.000” for turbo cars, 4.900” for Billet Hemi head supercharged vehicles and 5.000” for all other supercharged combinations.
DRIVELINE: A full 360 degree drive shaft tube is required over yoke, extended a minimum of 9” required from transmission tail shaft. Minimum thickness of tube housing is .050” chrome-moly or titanium. Two piece units accepted with a minimum of 6 attachment points using 3/8” grade 8 bolts.
ENGINE CONTAINMENT SYSTEM: SFI Spec. 7.1 or 7.2 lower engine containment system required.
FUEL: The use of nitromethane and/or propylene oxide is strictly prohibited.
FUEL SYSTEM: Fuel cell must have pressure cap and be vented to outside of body. Fuel cell meeting SFI Spec 28.1 mounted in front of radiator permitted; must be mounted between framerails and enclosed in a round tube frame, minimum 1 1/4” O.D. x .065” chrome-moly tubing. Extra tank(s) prohibited. Artificial cooling or heating systems (i.e., cool cans, ice, Freon, etc.) prohibited. Circulating systems, not part of normal fuel-pump system, prohibited. Water injection permitted on Nitrous entries only, only water permitted in water injection system.
IGNITION: Maximum one magneto or distributor, maximum one spark plug per cylinder. Magneto systems are limited to a single 44-amp maximum output system.
INTAKE MANIFOLD: A burst panel is required on all vehicles if they have a power adder.
NITROUS OXIDE: Prohibited on Turbo and Supercharged entries. Maximum of two bottles stamped with a DOT-1800 pound minimum rating.
REAR END: Maximum numeric rear-end gear ratio 4.57-to-1 for supercharged and turbocharged entries.
STARTER: Required. All entries must be self-starting. On board starter required. The use of remote-mounted battery packs permitted for starting purposes only. Remote battery may not be used for starting after the burnout has been started. No push starts allowed.
SUPERCHARGER: Screw-type supercharger prohibited. Hi-helix or standard helix Roots type supercharger only. Maximum roots style supercharger overdrive limit is 14.55 percent. Roots Type: Maximum size: 14-71. Rotor helix angle may not exceed 6.5 degrees per inch (123.5 degrees total over 19” maximum rotor length). Maximum of one 140 mm opening for Centrifugal superchargers.
TURBOCHARGER: Twin turbochargers limited to 88mm. Turbocharger size will be verified by measuring the housing bore at the leading edge of the impeller wheel. The maximum diameter of the housing bore at the leading edge of the wheel may not exceed 2mm more than the maximum allowable turbocharger size permitted.
TRANSMISSION: Supercharged entries limited to maximum of three forward speeds and reverse; all other entries limited to maximum of five forward speeds and reverse. Lockup converters and overdrive units are prohibited. A 1-to-1 relationship is mandatory in high gear for all transmission types.
CREDENTIALS: A NHRA Competition License for your ET is required to compete.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT DRIVER RESTRAINT SYSTEM: SFI Spec. 16.1 certification required.
FIRE SYSTEM: SFI Spec. 17.1 system required. System must contain a minimum of 5 lbs of fluid or gas fire suppression agent. 20 lbs systems are recommended on all entries with power adders. One nozzle required inside driver’s compartment must be directed at driver’s feet. Two or more nozzles must be directed at front of engine and fuel cell. All fire suppression must be released with a single actuation. (i.e. single handle, button or lever)
HEAD AND NECK RESTRAINT: SFI Spec. 38.1 required.
HELMET: SN-2005 or newer of SFI Spec. 31.2 or 41.2 required. Use of open face helmet prohibited. EjectHelmet Removal System (Part # SDR 890-01-30) or equivalent recommended
MASTER ELECTRICAL CUTOFF: Required. Must be clearly labeled “PUSH OFF”.
PARACHUTES: Dual parachutes required. Separate shroud-line mounting points with 1/2” sleeved grade 8 bolts required.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING: A driver’s suit meeting SFI Spec. 3.2A/15, gloves meeting SFI Spec. 3.3/15, shoes meeting SFI Spec. 3.3/15 required for Nitrous entries. A driver’s suit meeting SFI Spec. 3.2A/5, gloves meeting SFI Spec. 3.3/5, shoes meeting SFI Spec. 3.3/5 required for naturally aspirated entries. A driver’s suit meeting SFI Spec. 3.2A/20, gloves meeting SFI 3.3/20, shoes meeting SFI Spec. 3.3/20 required for Supercharged and Methanol burning Turbocharged entries. A head sock meeting SFI Spec. 3.3 is required unless a helmet manufactured with a skirt meeting SFI Spec. 3.3 is used.
ROLL BAR PADDING: Required.
WINDOW NET: SFI Spec.27.1 required.